On Thursday, March 25th, 2021 Episode Eleven of the BILT Academy Podcast went live.
Our Eleventh episode has been curated by our BILT Academy correspondent Daniel. This is the second of a two-part podcast series on Robotics. This month’s part two has Daniel interviewing two leading researchers in the field of robotics and its future.
A quick soundbite of what is ahead in this episode
A few years back, Daniel had the privilege of holding an internship position at Fraunhofer Italia where he got to meet inspiring researchers on the cutting edge of technology. In this episode, we meet two leading PhD researchers of esteemed Fraunhofer Italia who will tell us more about the future of robotics in construction and how this will impact us in how we work.
- Camilla Follini is a researcher of the Process Engineering in Construction (PEC) team at Fraunhofer Italia.
Camilla Follini is a researcher of the Process Engineering in Construction (PEC) team at FhI. She received a Master’s Degree in Architecture at the Polytechnical University of Milan and a Master’s Degree in Advanced Construction and Building Technology at the Technical University of Munich. Her Master thesis was developed in collaboration with KEWAZO, a start-up developing a robotic system to automate scaffolding logistics and assembly. She is currently a PhD student in Advanced-Systems Engineering at the Free University of Bolzano, where she is deepening her research on bridging the gap between robotics and the construction site.
- Michael Terzer is a researcher of the Robotics & Intelligent Systems Engineering (RISE) team at Fraunhofer Italia.
Michael Terzer is a researcher of the Robotics & Intelligent Systems Engineering (RISE) team at FhI. He concluded his Master Studies 2017 in Mechatronics & Smart Technologies at Innsbruck /AT. Before he started to work at Fraunhofer Italia, he gathered various insights into different Industries through internships and part time jobs. Since 2018 he is working as Scientific Collaborator at Fraunhofer Italia. His main research topics cover Advanced Robotics Hardware & Software Development, Flexible Production, Precision Agriculture and Open Source Robotics Software Development.
Some Episode Resources:
Start-up company mentioned by Camilla: KEWAZO’s institutional website: https://www.kewazo.com/
- ROSBIM – mobile robotic assistant for construction sites
- Press article: https://www.fraunhofer.de/en/press/research-news/2020/june/a-smarter-way-of-building-with-mobile-robots.html
- Video: https://youtu.be/9u5dPw8zxiA
- Publication: https://www.mdpi.com/2218-6581/10/1/2
- BALTO – BIM integrated robotics for disinfection against COVID-19
- Press article (only available in German): https://www.iao.fraunhofer.de/de/presse-und-medien/aktuelles/roboterhelden-im-einsatz-gegen-covid-19.html
- Video: coming soon on our YouTube Channel
- Robot revolution: will they replace us? Potentiale und Herausforderungen der Robotik von morgen (only available in German)
Fraunhofer Italia Careers:
- Job Offers & Internships: https://www.fraunhofer.it/en/jobs-and-career/Stellenausschreibung.html
Follow Fraunhofer Italia on:
Episode Twelve – Coming April 29th, 2021
Be sure to tune in for our next episode on April 29th, 2021. In this episode, we will be experimenting with a new format, so expect the unexcited!
How to Listen to The BILT Academy Podcast
You can also check out The BILT Academy Podcast on your favourite podcast app or service by clicking the icons below.
If your podcast app or service of choice is not listed above, no worries we are on many others. You can access the full list of all the podcast apps and services we are available on over at The BILT Academy Podcast Website. Just click on the “More” button to see the list and click on the logo of your choice to add the podcast to your feed. Still don’t see what you are looking for try searching “The BILT Academy Podcast” in your favourite app or service and our feed should appear, if all else fails our RRS feed should do the trick.
If you enjoyed the podcast please like and subscribe. You can also give us a follow on Social Media to stay up to date on all things BILT Academy and BILT Academy Podcast.
We would like to thank our podcast technology sponsor BIM Track for their continued support of BILT Academy.