My name is Ömer Varol. I am a passionate, enthusiastic and creative student at Istanbul Technical University, Department of Architecture. I am also a Certified Student Expert and Student Ambassador at Autodesk Design Academy. To improve my professional career and experience, I decided to take a university break to immerse myself in a new experience and go abroad. I am more than happy to announce that I have been accepted for an internship at UN Studio in Amsterdam. I am looking more than forward to experiencing a high professional architecture office in an exciting new environment.
Passionately and eagerly interested in technology, especially architectural technologies, I am a person who believes in the power of technology. I think, with the right tools and their applications, technology gives us the opportunity to produce and design anything (not just buildings) for people in the most efficient, functional and aesthetic way.
There are people who say that architecture is dead. In my opinion, architecture is not dead but the definition of architecture is evolving as it has been evolving throughout history. In certain parts of the history, there were times that architects were considered as just engineers. There were times that architects were considered just decorators. Nowadays, as technology pushes the limits, the conceptions of everything are still evolving. As enthusiastic and passionate young generations, I believe, we are the ones who will define them. We are the ones who will shape the future!
With this writing, I would like to announce that I am coming on board as a BILT Academy Committee member with intent to define and shape the future, to inspire all of my peers who are interested in achieving these goals, to work with all of those professionals who are eager to be a part of this movement.
Also, subjects in a nutshell that I have been recently focusing on beside our architectural studios:
“Integrating all kinds of technologies into our design workflows”
- Building Information Modeling. Coordination, Worksharing.
- Producing complex and intelligent families to be used in
- Producing and iterating design options and visualizing their data in a very quick and effective way. (Tools like Autodesk Fractal and PowerBI.)
- Importing and exporting data from Excel, CSV and all kinds of modeling applications.
- Parametric Design, Designing complex and organic topologies.
- Fixing and speeding up workflows with Dynamo, pyRevit, and Python.
- Making physical models with 3d Printers and 3d Pens. (I have my own tools.)
- Visual Scripting with maxScript (based upon Python.)
- Building Performance Analysis. (Daylight Analysis, Wind Analysis, Energy Analysis etc.)
Feel free to reach out to me!